Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Picture is worth a thousand words

I have been a photography fan for a few years now, well ever since I got a nice point and shoot canon digital camera!  A little over a year ago my husband bought me a Digital SLR camera. I was so excited, even though I had no idea how to use it.  I put the camera in automatic mode and began to play with it. It took amazing photos!!! I quickly decided to look up photography classes, I was determined to learn how to take great pictures!  I couldn't find any classes that fit my hectic schedule with two children and a full time job. It was very discouraging until I came upon a web based class. It was not only on my own time but only $13! I thought in a few short weeks I will be taking fantastic pictures, WRONG!! Although I learned the basics of the camera from the inexpensive online class, it was still not enough! A year or so went by and I could still only take pictures in automatic or the pre-set options provided by canon. I was determined to find a class and make it work out! Good news, I did! I started taking a photography class in September & I finally understand how to get out of automatic mode! I am still practicing all the great things I have learned & not every shot I take is worthy of others viewing but at least I have ventured beyond the basics & take advantage of the investment in a good quality camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment